Build a sustainable business with Virgin Startup
Virgin StartUp is a not-for-profit organisation that helps entrepreneurs aged 18 and over in England who are pre-trading or within their first 12 months of consistently trading. In certain circumstances this may be extended to 24 months.
BBV is the local delivery partner of Virgin StartUp in the north-west of England.
We help start-ups in five ways:
- Funding - we are able to provide you with a business loan of £500-£25,000.
- Mentoring - all successful loan applicants will be matched with a local Mentor, who has committed to supporting you one-on-one over the course of a year. You’ll meet them face-to-face for a minimum of two hours per month during the first three months, and one hour per month over the subsequent nine months.
- Practical business advice - every eligible loan applicant will be supported by a Business Adviser to complete a full Business Plan and Financial Projections to support your application.
- Content and resources - we produce written and video content to inspire, motivate and advise you across every stage of starting a business.
- Opportunities to gain unique support from across the Virgin Group - for those successful with their loan applications, we will share chances for you to feature in online content, media activity and events, such as the annual Pitch to Rich competition, which invites businesses to pitch to Sir Richard Branson.